Angela “Angi” Haen
Angela “Angi” Haen
- Sole Practitioner
- Consumer Protection
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Social Security Disability
I have been practicing law since 2008. I started out in Iowa, where I worked in a general practice firm. In 2011 I moved to Virginia where I focused mostly on bankruptcy law. My family moved to Connecticut in 2021. I currently have active license to practice in both Virginia and Connecticut.
All legal services are delivered by me, Angi Haen.
Fun Facts About Angi
- I like chocolate brownies and iced coffee.
- My children are named after types of trees.
- My dogs are named for types of scoundrels.
- I started practicing law in the Recession of 2008.
- I founded during the Pandemic of 2020.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Juris Doctor
- College of St. Benedict, St. Joseph, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2022
- Connecticut, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2012
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2012
- Virginia, 2011
- Iowa, 2008
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association, 2022 to Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, Present
- Tidewater Bankruptcy Bar Association, 2019-2020 Chair of CARE committee, 2012 to 2021
- Greater Peninsula Women's Bar Association, 2018-2020 Treasurer, 2016 to 2021, Young Attorney of the Year 2019
- Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, LEAD Class of 2020, 2019 to 2021
- Bankruptcy and the Game of Life, Oyster Pointer, 1/2020, 2020
- Balancing Membership Dues and Programming Costs , The Connection: Virginia State Bar, Winter, 2019
- Bankruptcy and Student Loan Debt, Oyster Pointer Feb 2021
- Options for Facing a Foreclosure, Oyster Pointer June 2018
- Chapter 7 Trustees, Abandonment and When Abandonment is Delayed, American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) Comments Section May 2015 (Co-authored)
- Pro Se Debtors, Deficiencies, Inefficiencies, and Possible Solutions, Bankruptcy Law Section of the Virginia State Bar, Dec 2014 (Co-authored)
- Young Attorney of the Year - Greater Women's Bar Association
Classes & Seminars
- Lifting, Cramming and Other Bankruptcy Moves, Fidelity National Title Spring Seminar, 2019
- Understanding Bankruptcy, Penninsula Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Davis Law, PLC, Of Counsel, 2020 to 2021
- Cowardin & Kim, PLC, Attorney, 2019 to 2020